Sunday, January 13, 2013

Starting Over

Today was a good day to start over. It's easy for me to give other second chances; harder with myself. But today, with Rose at my side (thank goodness!), I started over. First steps are easier the second time around. Who knew?

Here's to a year where I lose the 40 extra pounds. Here's to a year where I do many 5ks, 8ks, 10ks, 15ks, and half marathons. Here's to a year where I do at least one marathon and at least one ultra marathon. Here's to a year where I rediscover my running community, and a year where I run for the friends who no longer can. Here's to a year where my toenails fall off, my thighs are chafed, my face is sunburned, my fingers are cold, and my heart is full. Here's to a year where I again find faith in the trails and the pavement. Here's to a year where I find faith in the women around me, and in my own self. Here's to a year of running!

1 comment:

  1. And here's to you!! You are stronger than you think, and this will be both easier and harder than you think.
    I'm excited to support you in any way that I can!
    :-)

    ReplyDelete